The Iron Druid Chronicles is a series of urban fantasy novels, novellas, and short stories written by American author Kevin Hearne, and told in the first-person point-of-view of Atticus O'Sullivan, a two-thousand-one-hundred year old Druid living in the modern world. Hearne intends to write one more for a total of nine novels.
Short Stories & NovellasEdit
- Besieged (Short story collection and sort of novel 8.5)
- Goddess at the Crossroads (IDC, #0.3)
- The Grimoire of the Lamb (Iron Druid Chronicles, #0.4) A novella that appears as its own ebook.
- Clan Rathskeller (IDC, #0.5) Appears on the short stories page at Hearne's website, and on Hounded ebook.
- Kaibab Unbound (IDC, #0.6) A bonus short story on the Hounded ebook.
- Test of Mettle (IDC, #3.1) Appears on the short stories page at Hearne's website, and on Hammered ebook.
- Two Ravens and One Crow (IDC, #4.5) This novella appears as its own titled ebook and on Hunted ebook. It takes place 6 years after the events of Tricked and deals with important details between that book and Trapped.
- The Demon Barker of Wheat Street (IDC, #4.6) A short story taking place a couple of weeks after the events of "Two Ravens and One Crow". It was featured in the anthology, Carniepunk.
- The Chapel Perilous (IDC #4.7) A short story published in the fantasy anthology, Unfettered, edited by Shawn Speakman. While framed as a story being told by Atticus to his apprentice 8 years after the events of Tricked, it involves events that occurred in 6th century Wales.
- Blood Pudding
- Gold Dust Druid
- Cuddle Dungeon
- Haunted Devils
- The End of Idylls
- The Bogeyman of Boora Bog
- The Eye of Horus
Kevin Hearne was born and raised in Arizona, where the series takes place. The idea for the story started as a web comic that was almost sent into a contest, but Hearne decided to write a book instead. The book was eventually picked up for representation by Jill Grinberg Literary Management, and two weeks after a query was sent out, the book was picked up by Del Rey Books.