The Iron Druid Chronicles is a series of urban fantasy novels, novellas, and short stories written by American author Kevin Hearne, and told in the first-person point-of-view of Atticus O'Sullivan, a two-thousand-one-hundred year old Druid living in the modern world. Seven novels have been published, an eighth is due in 2016, and Hearne intends to write one more for a total of nine novels.
Short Stories & NovellasEdit
- The Grimoire of the Lamb (Iron Druid Chronicles, #0.4) A novella that appears as its own ebook.
- Clan Rathskeller (IDC, #0.5) Appears on the short stories page at Hearne's website, and on Hounded ebook.
- Kaibab Unbound (IDC, #0.6) A bonus short story on the Hounded ebook.
- Test of Mettle (IDC, #3.1) Appears on the short stories page at Hearne's website, and on Hammered ebook.
- Two Ravens and One Crow (IDC, #4.5) This novella appears as its own titled ebook and on Hunted ebook. It takes place 6 years after the events of Tricked and deals with important details between that book and Trapped.
- The Demon Barker of Wheat Street (IDC, #4.6) A short story taking place a couple of weeks after the events of "Two Ravens and One Crow". It was featured in the anthology, Carniepunk.
- The Chapel Perilous (IDC #4.7) A short story published in the fantasy anthology, Unfettered, edited by Shawn Speakman. While framed as a story being told by Atticus to his apprentice 8 years after the events of Tricked, it involves events that occurred in 6th century Wales.
Kevin Hearne was born and raised in Arizona, where the series takes place. The idea for the story started as a web comic that was almost sent into a contest, but Hearne decided to write a book instead. The book was eventually picked up for representation by Jill Grinberg Literary Management, and two weeks after a query was sent out, the book was picked up by Del Rey Books.